Mackie Thump Overview
The Mackie Thump 215XT is an enhanced powered loudspeaker that is robust, proficient, and more cost-effective than ever. The Thump XT features a 15” high-performance woofer, heavy-duty drivers including a 1” compression driver, 1400W super-efficient Class D amplifier, and strong tools to make your next gig effortless.
The Thump range has been completely redesigned from the ground up. In addition, the 215XT includes venue-specific voicing modes along with Indoor/Outdoor modes where the system can be adjusted accordingly.
The show maintains smooth running when it matters, thanks to the built-in Feedback Eliminator and Music Ducking mode. Feedback Eliminator is where it reduces feedback and out-of-control rumbles, and Music Ducking mode automatically minimises the level of Channel Two when a signal is received in Channel One.
With the Thump Connect 2 app, you can control everything and access extra features including system EQ, levels, mutes, and more directly from your phone. Thump215XT will become your new favourite loudspeaker thanks to Bluetooth® streaming, legendary Thump sound quality, ultra-versatile I/O and convenient portability.
New Generation Performance
The Mackie Thump Loudspeaker range is powerful, loud and best-sounding when compared to all of its previous models. They have been redesigned from the ground up including stronger drivers, powerful 1400W amplifiers and other dominant tools.
The Thump speaker range incorporates new features and tools to ensure gigs run smoother. These features include Feedback Elimination and Music Ducking.
The Feedback Eliminator reduces unwanted feedback, including squeals, at the touch of a button.
When the Music Ducking button is pressed Channel 2 will automatically turn down when audio is detected in Channel 1.
There are number of flexible connection options within the Mackie Thump Range, including dual TRS/XLR inputs and a stereo 1/8” aux input which eliminates the need for excess and unwanted cabling and adapters.
Venue-specific Voicing Modes
There are four different Application Specific Voicing Modes which allows for instant optimisation for the Thump Loudspeakers at the push of a button. The four modes include:
Music – enhances pre-recorded music
Live – ideal for general sound reinforcement
Club – provides a nice low-end punch
Monitor – optimises the speaker for use as a floor wedge and keeps feedback in check
The indoor/outdoor modes is a simple button where the speaker can adjust its settings depending on it’s location. When outdoor mode is selected, the sound will be enhanced without any audio loss.
Strong Wireless Control
Thanks to Bluetooth connectivity streaming music directly to the ThumpXT’s is effortless. There is also the ability to use the Thump Connect 2 App where system settings can be adjusted including System EQ, venue-specific presets, Voicing Modes and Channel levels.
Again, thanks to the integrated Bluetooth, the ThumpXT loudspeakers can be linked together to stream music to both in Stereo or Dual mode. They can also both be controlled via the Thump Connect 2 App.
- 1400W ultra-efficient Class-D amplifier
- Built-Like-A-Tank™ to conquer every gig while lightweight for easy loading
- Frequency response: 40 Hz – 23kHz
- Max SPL: 129 dB
- 15” high-performance woofer
- 1” compression driver
- 4 Application-specific voicing modes
- Outdoor mode optimizes voicing for open air venues
- Bluetooth® connectivity for streaming, speaker linking, and control
- Download the Thump Connect 2 app for complete wireless control
- Link 2 ThumpXT loudspeakers for a powerful, wireless, music playback system in both stereo and dual-zone configuration
- Flexible I/O
- Ch.1 features an XLR/TRS input that accepts mic or line signals
- Ch.2 features an XLR/TRS line input plus stereo 1/8” input
- Thru output contains audio from both input channels
- Built-in Feedback Eliminator reduces squeals and out of control rumble
- Music Ducking mode automatically reduces the level of Ch.2 when Ch.1 receives signal
- Front LED On/Off switch
- Universal Power Supply (100-240VAC)
- Standard pole mount
- M10 flypoints for permanent install
- Monitor wedge provides optimal angle for use as a floor monitor
- Weight: 35.1 lb / 15.9 kg
- Dimensions: 27 x 17.4 x 14 in / 686 x 442 x 356 mm