Nord Stage 4 88 Overview
- Aimed at making the instrument more intuitive to use, the brand-new panel design with dedicated LED faders for each Layer provides exceptional overview and flexibility when creating sounds and performing live. The new Preset Library is packed with inspiring ready-to-use piano, synth, and organ sounds (including effects) for quick and smooth patch creation.
- The Layer Scene lets you seamlessly switch between two different sound setups at the touch of a button. Adding a powerful new effect section coupled with versatile pedal options and a premium Triple Sensor keybed with aftertouch, the Nord Stage 4 offers a new level of musical expression.
The Nord Stage 4 comes with a new enhanced collection of Grands, Uprights, and Electric Pianos from the exclusive Nord Piano Library, combined with new features such as Dynamic compression and Unison.
Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling techniques capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments. The company’s proprietary Advanced String Resonance and Dynamic Pedal Noise technology deliver breathtaking realism and an unsurpassed level of expressiveness.
- Enhanced collection of uprights, grands, electric pianos, and more
- Dynamic compression
- Unison feature
- Creative timbre presets
- Advanced string resonance
- Dynamic pedal noise
The Synth section with its three independent Layers is based on the powerful Nord Wave 2 Synth Engine, including Virtual Analog synthesis, Samples, FM, and Wavetable.
An extensive new collection of samples from the Nord Sample Library offers a broad sonic palette of Strings, Bass, Choirs, Guitars, and much more. The advanced Arpeggiator features new Polyphonic, Gate, and Pattern modes, and can be used for a huge variety of rhythmic applications with customizable patterns.
- Nord Wave 2 Synth Engine
- 3 independent synth layers
- Doubled sample memory
- Enhanced samples with Tru-Vibrato, unison, and round-robins
- Extensive real time controls
- Advanced arpeggiator with Polyphonic, Gate, and Pattern modes
- Extern mode for advanced MIDI control
The Organ section features Nord’s award-winning simulations of B3 Tonewheel, B3 Bass, classic Vox, and Farfisa, as well as two Pipe Organ models. Stage 4 is equipped with Nord’s new Physical drawbars (with LED indicators) for optimal hands-on experience and overview.
- Award-winning organ simulations of B3, Vox/Farfisa, and Pipe Organ models
- Physical drawbars with LED indicators
- Drawbar Live mode
- New B3 Bass mode
- Model 122 Vintage Rotary Speaker with normal or close-mic positions
The Nord Stage 4 has a powerful new Effect section offering a complete setup of Effects for each Layer. The extensive range of Effects includes a new Pump effect for side chain simulation, a new Spin effect, and brand-new variations of Reverb, Delay, Amps and Modulation effects.
- Dedicated Effect section per Layer
- New Variations for Modulation, Amp, Delay, and Reverb Effects
- New Spring, Booth, and Cathedral Reverb
- New Spin effect
- New Pump effect
- New Flam and Space Delay
Nord’s new range of premium pedals are equipped with continuous sensors for optimal dynamic control. The left and middle pedals of the Nord Triple Pedal 2 can be assigned to control the Pump effect, Layer Scenes, Program Changes, Rotor Speed and more. Both pedals give you access to the Pedal Noise and Half Damping features of the Piano section.
- Nord Triple Pedal 2: Continuous sensors for maximum control, Pedal Noise, and Half Damping—can be assigned to control Layer Scene II, Pump, Tap Tempo, Synth Vibrato, Program Up/Dn, and Rotor Speed
- Nord Single Pedal 2: Continuous sensor for maximum control, Pedal Noise, and Half Damping—can be assigned to control Rotor Speed or used as a Morph source