Focusrite 2i2 Overview
8 New Focusrite Scarlett Gen 3 Interfaces
Simultaneously record vocals and guitar with top-shelf sound in a compact, bag-friendly, and easy-to-use format with this third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio, a complete recording package featuring a third-generation Scarlett 2i2 2×2 USB audio interface, a large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone, closed-back headphones, an XLR microphone cable, and a powerful software bundle. Whether you track in the comfort of your own home or record on the go, the Scarlett 2i2 Studio lets you score pro-level tone with no learning curve.
Equally capable for tracking vocals and instruments, the two improved Scarlett microphone preamps feature switchable phantom power for condenser mics and a selectable-per-channel Air circuit, which adds clarity-enhancing brightness based on Focusrite’s legendary ISA preamplifier. The two XLR-1/4″ combo inputs are outfitted with switches that allow them to accept signal directly from electric instruments such as guitar and bass, from line-level sources such as stereo mixer outputs, or from a hot feed like a drum machine.
Unlocking the ability to record at standard CD quality or high-fidelity resolutions, the 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA converters ensure that signals are captured and reproduced with detail and accuracy. Listen through headphones or connect active speakers to the balanced 1/4″ monitor outputs, and enjoy independent control of the headphone and speaker volume settings. Use selectable direct monitoring in mono or stereo to hear your live input signal with no distracting echo or latency.
With its bus powering for uninhibited portability, space-saving USB Type-C connection, and extensive software bundle including elementary versions of Ableton Live and Avid Pro Tools music production workstations, virtual instruments, plug-in effects, loops, and more, the Scarlett 2i2 gives you plenty of powerful tools to kick-start your inspiration. Just plug the Scarlett 2i2 into your Mac/Windows computer or iPad Pro, fire up your preferred audio recording software, and let the creativity flow.
The Focusrite Studio
- Perfect for recording vocals and a guitar, two instruments, two mics, or a stereo mixer feed
- Third-generation Scarlett 2i2 2×2 USB audio interface
- CM25 MkIII large-diaphragm condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern for clear vocal tone with reduced ambience
- HP60 MkIII closed-back, over-ear headphones deliver long-lasting comfort and reliable isolation from outside sounds
- 9.8′ XLR cable for easy hookup of the microphone
Portable and Bus Powered
Pristine, High-Resolution Conversion
Scarlett Mic Preamps with Customizable Tone
Instrument/Line Input Switches
Straightforward Controls and Level Indication
Independent Headphone and Monitor Outputs
Extensive Software Bundle
- Ableton Live Lite: Popular music production software
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack: The main elements and workflow of the industry standard Pro Tools in an entry-level package hundreds of virtual instrument sounds, 500MB of loops, and great-sounding effects
- 3 Months of Splice Sounds: Get access to millions of high-quality, royalty-free loops, one-shots, and presets, with new releases daily
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite: Accurate models Focusrite’s classic Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor
- XLN Audio: Choose of one of four XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle: World-class reverb, delay, and distortion plug-ins and an easy-to-use mastering tool from Softube
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-In Collective: Receive free versions of innovative software and benefit from discounts