Alesis STRIKE AMP 8 Overview
The Alesis Strike Amp 8 is a 2000W powered speaker that’s designed to deliver punch and clarity to any electronic drumming setup. The speaker provides amp headroom for any performance or practice space.
The 2000W amplifier delivers 1300W to the specially designed 8″ woofer and 700W to the 1/4″ neodymium high-frequency driver, which combine to offer a frequency response of 62 Hz to 20 kHz at a respectable 129 max SPL. The 8″ woofer features a 2.5″ high-temperature voice coil, while the high-frequency driver is made from neodymium and sports a precision waveguide.
The rear panel offers two combo XLR-1/4″ inputs with volume controls, and an XLR output to connect to additional speakers. Additionally, there is a Contour switch, which boosts the high and low frequency by +3 dB and a ground lift switch to prevent ground loops and hum. The system includes protection circuits for electronic clipping and thermal and transducer overdrive.
The Strike Amp 8’s trapezoidal tilt-back enclosure is made from injection-molded polypropylene and features a steel grille and a 1-3/8″ pole cup. The speaker ships with a standard IEC power cord.
- 2000W of peak power delivers clarity, punch, and more than enough headroom for any performance or practice space
- Specially voiced 8″ woofer and high-frequency compression driver deliver your drum sounds with precise, full response across the entire frequency range without any artificial coloration
- Two XLR/1/4″ TRS combo inputs with independent volume controls and clip indicator
- XLR output to link another Strike Amp 8 or send your performance to another input device
- Lightweight and flexible tilt-back cabinet design that can also be pole-mounted
- Contour EQ switch to control your sound
- Ground lift switch eliminates unwanted noise