Roland DJ-808 Overview
The DJ-808 from Roland is a cutting edge DJ controller that combines world-class hardware with the power of Serato DJ software. The 4-channel controller features built-in drum-sequencing, vocal processing, and deep Serato DJ integration. Use the 16 RGB velocity-sensitive pads to control Hot Cue, Roll, TR, and Sampler. The large, high-quality platters are low latency, offering tight control over your music with super-fast scratches and cuts. Additionally, the platters have integrated displays that clearly show playback status. What’s more, the controller can control two decks simultaneously from a single platter with dual-deck mode.
The TR-S drum machine features the kicks, snares, claps, and hi-hats from the classic TR-808, 909, 707, and 606 drum machines. The sounds are generated by way of Roland’s Analog Circuit Behavior, which faithfully replicates the original circuitry of these iconic rhythm boxes. Additionally, the on-board 16-step sequencer is capable of triggering Serato’s internal sampler, allowing you to mix-and-match individual drums sounds, layer kicks and snares, and build-up sophisticated drum tracks.
The DJ-808 includes built-in connectivity for synths, turntables, microphones, and more to help you take your performance to the next level. There are two AIRA link USB ports that allow you to easily connect compatible Roland instruments and effects with a single USB cable. Additionally, the 808 offers an integrated VT Voice Transformer that not only dramatically transforms your voice, but will adjust the pitch to match the key of the Serato DJ track. The DJ-808 ships with an AC adapter, USB cable, a license for Serato DJ, and a Serato Pitch’n Time Expansion voucher.
- Built-in Roland TR drum machine with 606, 707, 808, 909 kicks, snares, claps and hi-hats
- Control the Serato Sampler with the TR-S sequencer
- Built-in VT Voice Transformer with Pitch, Formant, Ducking and Serato key matching
- Velocity sensitive RGB color pads for HOT CUE, ROLL, TR, SAMPLER and more
- Large ultra-low-latency platters with integrated displays
- 4 high-quality integrated Channel FX
- Standalone professional 4-channel digital mixer
- Connect external instruments via MIDI or AIRA Link USB and jam along with Serato DJ
- 24-bit/96 kHz audio fidelity
- Control two decks simultaneously with dual deck mode
- 100mm pitch faders
- Unlocks Serato DJ and comes with a Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ license
- Connect turntables or CDJs with the purchase of an optional Serato DVS license