M-Audio OXYGEN PRO 49 Overview
Designed for pro-level producers and beatmakers looking for plenty of space for two-handed performances, the M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49 is a USB MIDI keyboard controller that combines 49 velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted keys with versatile control hardware, automapping, Smart Chord and Smart Scale technology, and an arpeggiator. It also ships with a suite of creative software (including a MIDI editor, DAWs, and virtual instruments), allowing for immediate music making onstage or in the studio.
The Oxygen Pro 49 features 16 velocity-sensitive backlit RGB pads with Note Repeat for beat production and finger drumming. With eight assignable knobs, nine assignable faders, and a slew of buttons, it’s easy to control virtual instruments, plug-ins, and DAW functions. Ergonomically designed pitch and modulation wheels along with a 1/4″ sustain-pedal input provide you with additional control over your music and performance. Use the DIN 5-pin MIDI output to interface with hardware synths and sequencers, and select presets to automatically map the Oxygen Pro 49 to your favorite DAW software.
Join the Pros
Seamless DAW and Performance Control with Automapping
The Oxygen Pro 49 features intelligent Smart Scale technology. With Smart Scale, you can set the keybed so that only notes in the selected scale can be played. This allows you to play within a chosen scale without the risk of playing any undesired notes. You can choose from 16 different scale variations when assigning a scale to the keyboard. Smart Scale is easy to activate and deactivate and allows you to set the scale parameters—so you can create.
Pro-Level Producer Features
Note Repeat allows you to hold down any of the custom-made M-Audio performance pads to hear a repeated rhythmic pattern at a selectable note division. The Note Repeat feature can be activated momentarily or used in Latch mode. If you choose Momentary, holding the Note Repeat button will make the note played automatically repeat. If you choose Latch, pressing any pad will cause its assigned note to repeat after you release the Note Repeat button. Press the Note Repeat button again to stop it.
The built-in Arpeggiator will affect anything you are playing on the keys, in any virtual instrument in your DAW. When the Arpeggiator is activated, the keyboard will repeatedly play the pressed keys in sequence. The arpeggiator’s timing and rhythm is based on the keyboard’s time division setting and either the keyboard’s or your DAW’s tempo setting. Each note in the arpeggio will be the length you’ve selected for the time division setting. For example, if you select 1/4, each note in the arpeggio will be a quarter note. This powerful tool can operate in Latch or Momentary mode, making it easy to unleash your creativity.
This custom keybed also features Channel Aftertouch, giving you added expression and control. Channel Aftertouch enables you to affect the sound of a virtual instrument plug-in by continuously scanning how much pressure you apply to any key as you release it. This makes creating the mood, dynamics, and emotion you want to deliver in your music—natural and fast, or slower as you please.
- 49 velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted keys with aftertouch and assignable zones
- 16 RGB, backlit, assignable, velocity-sensitive pads with Note Repeat for beat production, clip launching, and more
- Eight assignable knobs and buttons for controlling virtual instruments, mix plug-ins, DAW controls, and more
- Nine assignable faders for controlling virtual instruments, plug-ins, DAW faders, and more
- Preset and DAW button for automapped DAW controls and plug-in parameters
- Smart Chord mode enables playing of enharmonic or custom chord voicings
- Smart Scale mode eliminates undesired notes, making it easy to craft a perfect song
- Arpeggiator with type, octave, gate, and swing controls
- Ergonomically designed pitch and modulation wheels and 1/4” sustain pedal input
- USB-MIDI connection and DIN 5-pin MIDI output for controlling external MIDI gear
- Intuitive layout featuring an OLED screen for quick control edits
- Includes MIDI editor software and a complete software production package
Software Production Package
- Pro Tools | First M-Audio Edition DAW
- AKAI MPC Beats DAW
- Ableton Live Lite DAW
- AIR Music Hybrid 3.0 virtual synthesizer
- AIR Music Velvet virtual electronic piano
- AIR Music Mini Grand virtual acoustic piano
- AIR Music Vacuum virtual monophonic synthesizer
- AIR Music Boom virtual drum machine
- AIR Music DB-33 virtual tonewheel organ